Hello pasta lovers! Aren’t you numerous? Sometimes I really feel you don’t need a recipe to cook pasta. You throw it in the pan with any ingredients you have on hand and voilà! A fabulous meal is ready and bellies and taste buds are satisfied.
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of the meals that when I cook, I don’t have to worry about who doesn’t eat or who will whine about lunch because it’s everyone’s favorite. A meal I can cook with my eyes shut and my focus off.
Let’s do that!
- 1 pack / 500g Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g minced beef
- ¼ cup red wine (optional)
- 400g fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti in boiled water according to package instructions
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic until golden.
- Add meat and cook for 2-3 minutes, drizzle with wine and continue cooking until browned on all sides.
- Add tomatoes and cover with water. Add tomato paste. Season with basil, salt and pepper and let simmer for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is thick and rich.
- Drain cooked spaghetti and add to the pan with the Bolognese sauce. Toss well and serve with parmesan cheese.