Freekeh is a young chewy wheat, with a nutty flavor. Containing twice as much protein and fiber as quinoa, freekeh is nutritious! Try this combination of antioxidant-rich pomegranate, beetroot, avocado, herbs, seeds and watch those health benefits add up!
Beetroot Freekeh Salad
- 3 cups whole grain freekeh, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup beetroot, grated
- 1 cup fresh purslane leaves (bakle)
- 1 cup fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp sumac
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- In a salad bowl, combine freekeh, beetroot, purslane, thyme, pomegranate avocado and seeds.
- To make the dressing, mix together all ingredients and shake well.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well.