I just got back from Tuscany and Italian food is all I think of. From the moment I woke up this morning I knew that spaghetti was going to be for lunch. I’m craving for something fresh and light but not a salad. This recipe uses fresh parsley and spring onions perfect for days when temperature reaches 32°C! It’s quick and easy to cook, yet so unbelievably tasty! Thank you Zeina S. for the inspiration since we tasted it at yours it became one of our favorite pasta dishes. Superb!
Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pack of Spaghetti
- 500g pre-cooked shrimps, deveined and tails removed
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, to taste
- 4 sprigs of Spring onions, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped roughly
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on package. I like to add salt, olive oil and oregano in the water.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic and shrimps in oil for about 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Add lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and sauté the cherry tomatoes for about 2 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti and return to the saucepan and toss with a little oil. On a low heat, add shrimps and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in spring onions for about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and parsley and stir for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a bowl, and serve immediately.