My hubby is a pasta lover and our pasta recipes repertoire is one of a kind. For Serge “Just Pasta” is a feast for the Gods!! Therefore I keep in my pantry all shapes of pasta.
Among our favorite is Penne. It gives you many options on what to serve it with.
Many pasta recipes are easy and can be prepared with little notice. Ladies and gentlemen I present you “Penne with shrimps and asparagus”. For last-minute guests, whip up this recipe and it’s a star meal!
It’s hearty and elegant. Eat happily!
Shrimp, Asparagus, and Penne Pasta
- 3 cups uncooked penne
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (using a garlic press)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 10 spears fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 400gms medium shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
* Penne can be replaced with Spaghetti #7
1. Cook penne according to package directions.
2. In large skillet, heat oil. Add onion and garlic, and cook until the onion has softened.
3. Pour in the white wine, and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp and orange zest, drizzle with the orange juice. Cook until the shrimp turns pink.
6. Toss penne with shrimp mixture.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Yummyyy!!! sounds delicious.. will have to try sometime.. thanks for sharing!!
This looks delicious… I can’t wait to try it!!!