For some it’s Cats or Dogs, for others Rome or Paris, for me it’s Fattoosh or Tabooleh☺
I love Fattoosh salad, especially on a hot summer day. Last week we were blessed with sunshine and I had this salad for three consecutive days.
Fattoosh is a Lebanese salad, simple comme bonjour, there’s no secret on how to make it. The distinctive ingredients are sumac, purslane and toasted pita, while everything else is usual.
Crunchy and healthy! Enjoy it☺
- ½ Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 Cucumber, diced
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Green Capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 3 Radishes, sliced
- 2 sprigs Green Onions / Spring Onions, chopped
- ½ cup Parsley, leaves picked
- ½ cup Purslane, leaves picked
- ¼ cup Mint, leaves picked
- 2 loaves Lebanese bread / Pitta Bread, toasted or fried
- 1 tbsp Sumac
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- ½ cup Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
In a large salad bowl, mix together the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum, radish, green onions, parsley, purslane and mint. Toss with the dressing, and serve with toasted (or fried) bread at the last minute.