Every year before the Holy month of Ramadan I get very busy with food styling jobs and this year as usual I got the chance to work on numerous brands I love. I had photo shoots every week since June.
But work is not the only reason to blame my disappearing, yes you guessed Vacation!
This year we went to beautiful Mallorca and sunny côte d’Azur. Delicious Paella and original Niçoise Salad! On our last night, we booked a table at La Petite Maison restaurant in Nice where they serve the best lentil salad ever and where my inspiration is for this recipe.
I fell in love with Nice! Maybe because there are a lot of similarities in their nature and our’s in Lebanon (they both lie on the Mediterranean sea) or simply maybe because I needed a vacation so much that I enjoyed every moment I spent there.
I’m sharing few pictures with you!
For the lentils:
- 1 ½ cup red lentils or French green Lentilles du Puy
- Salt, to taste
- 1 bell pepper orange or red, diced
- 1 red apple, peeled and diced
- 5 small radishes, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in 4 each
- 1 sprig of green onion, finely chopped (only the green with a little of the white bulb if desired)
- Parsley, to garnish
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup tbsp red wine vinegar apple vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
1. Wash the lentils. Transfer to a saucepan with boiling water, add salt and cook until the lentils are tender (about 20-25mn). Do not overcook. When ready, drain and set aside.
2. To make the vinaigrette whisk all the ingredients together.
3. In a salad bowl, mix together the lentils, the vegetables and drizzle with the sauce. Decorate with parsley and serve,
Serve at room temperature.