Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas to me without a lot of recipes with chestnut on the table.
I have a home-made chestnut cream that I did last week, so I decided to bake my regular banana cake recipe and add it to it, the results were simple and delicious.
I know this recipe is a keeper and definitely worth to share with you.
Chestnut Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose-flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, diced
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 small mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons chestnut cream
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, continue beating about 3 minutes.
- Add bananas followed by chestnut cream and beat until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat in milk.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes, then turn it out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.