- 3 cups potatoes, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Grate the potatoes manually or using your electric robot. Rinse grated potatoes until water is clear. Drain then squeeze using a tea towel to dry well.
2. Combine potatoes, onion, egg, flour, salt and pepper
3. In a large heavy skillet, heat about 1/4 inch of oil. I use kitchen metallic tongs to spoon about 1/2 cup potatoes into the pan in a flat thick layer. Around 3 “potatoes pancakes” can be cooked at a time.
4. Cook until a nice brown crust forms on the bottom, then flip over and brown on the other side.
5. Serve for breakfast with eggs.