Axel my daughter turned TEN 2 days ago, despite the confinement because of coronavirus, she still deserves a nice table decoration set by “MOMMY” i.e myself. Axel loves these cookies and they are super easy to make. To color them, you just split the dough in 3 parts and add 3 drops of food color to each. The result is a batch of fluffy Crinkle Cookies with a dash of lemon flavor.
Springtime Crinkle Cookies
Makes 32 cookies
- 100g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Lemoncello
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs and lemoncello until fully incorporated.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and add into batches.
- Split the dough into three portions and color with food color of your choice.
- Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- Roll dough into balls and cover with icing sugar.
- Bake in oven at 170°C oven for 8-10 minutes.