Nothing can beat this amazing vegetarian appetizer! Served as a snack or as a side dish, it’s crisp, tasty and easy to make. The homemade tahini dip a.k.a tarator is the perfect accompaniment to this straight forward recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 kg cauliflower, cut into florets
- Vegetable Oil for frying
For the Dip
- ½ cup tahini (tahina or sesame paste)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil, and blanch the cauliflower for 8-10 minutes. Remove from water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Place the cauliflower in and fry for 5-6 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with wax paper or paper towel to drain.
- To make the dip, combine tahini, lemon juice, water and salt. Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning to liking.
- Serve cauliflower and dip as an appetizer.
P.S. Can also be served in pita bread as a sandwich.