I have this baking pan, which I love from NordicWare, it makes Rose Cakes. Charming! Kaia is also crazy about it and would do me anything, including going to bed early, just to help me baking a cake in this special pan.
The below recipe came with the pan, I type it in here for you to try it. It can also be made in a regular muffin pan as well, so go ahead and take your chances. Alternatively you can buy the pan online it’s worth every penny!!
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 cup butter
• 5 eggs
• 3 cups flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1/3 cup raspberry or strawberry jam, divided in 2 portions
• Icing sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
2. Grease and flour pan well.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter and mix well.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
5. Add remaining ingredients except jam and mix well, scraping bowl occasionally.
6. Fill individual cups 2/3 full.
7. Spoon half the jam (this recipe makes 2 batches) on top of the batter, dividing evenly between the cups.
8. Gently swirl jam into the top of the batter, using the tip of a knife.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean; cool 10 minutes in pan; turn out and continue to cool.
10. Bake second batch.
11. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Makes 24 cupcakes