I was craving for IKEA “Havreflarn” but since it’s gonna be a long time before I get hold of any of it, I decided to bake some myself.
THIN OAT COOKIES – HAVREFLARN
Recipe makes around 30
75 g unsalted butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp. coconut water (or milk)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Line baking sheet with baking paper or silicone mat.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy then add coconut water or your choice of milk.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to butter mixture.
4. Add rolled oats and pumpkin seeds and knead to form a dough.
5. Spoon about one heaping teaspoon for each cookie onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving lots of space between each cookie.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are browned around the edges. Let cool completely, until crispy.