I asked my friend what do you love the most about your diet? And the answer came: The Cheating Day!
I love her thinking;-)
Open candy bar, ice cream, chocolate, caramel, jelly beans, … They are all fair game! Whatever you’re craving for; pizza, cheeseburger, doughnut… No food is off limits. It’s the day you honor your body’s food wishes and stop counting calories. Isn’t that a genius plan!
A well-justified treat for being such a saint all week and sticking to your diet, so what can be better excuse to dig intuitively in my decadent, fudgy, naughty brownie cake. They taste as great as they sound, they are so addictive, am sure you’ll want to make a second batch before the first is finished.
I agree with you that there must be some law to stops bloggers from uploading tempting pictures of sweets and have mercy on those who are dieting, but this is why cheating meals are designed for, no?
Come on, give your body a break those brownies have never looked so appetizing!
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces (or chocolate nuggets)
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ cup walnut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 9×9 inch square pan.
- Melt chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat and combine to butter. Cool 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, egg, zest, flour, chocolate pieces and milk.
- Spread mixture into pan and decorate with walnuts. Bake 25-30mn. Cover pan with foil bake for further 20 minutes. If the brownie wobbles in the middle, put back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the top has a shiny crust and sides are beginning to come away from the pan.
- Dust brownies with sifted cocoa powder if desired and cut into squares.