Hello world! On my side of the continent, temperatures have been very low and our constant search has been lately exclusive for comfort food and soups. My curry recipe is very versatile. The version I’m sharing today is the one that my entire family approves, but I remember cooking this recipe sometimes for lent, using vegetable stock and coconut cream and omitting chicken, (which obviously makes it also vegan). I sometimes add, after blending, boiled cauliflower, pineapple pieces or unsalted cashew nuts. I also like sometimes to have it as a soup by adding one extra cup of stock before blending to have a thinner texture. It not only tastes delicious but it is also very aromatic and can be served on special occasions.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g pumpkin, diced (optional)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 banana, ripen and sliced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups cooking cream or coconut cream
- In a large pot, drizzle oil and place chicken pieces to cook. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Continue to fry until fully cooked. Remove chicken pieces and set aside.
- In same pot, coat again with oil and add pumpkin and onion. Sauté until soft.
- Stir in ginger, curry powder, cumin and turmeric and continue to sauté for about 1 minute then add tomatoes.
- Stir in the stock and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until it starts to simmer.
- Add banana and apple pieces and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Off heat, blend the mixture with hand stick blender or by transferring it to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Return mixture to the pot with the cooked chicken and add the cream to heat just few minutes, without bringing it to a boil.
- Garnish with sesame, seeds or shredded coconut, and serve with Basmati rice.
Will do it day after tomorrow or Saturday! I think I have all ingredients! Thank you ♥️
Sent from my iPhone
Glad to know that. Hope you will enjoy it!
Looks so yummy 😍. I need a new chicken curry recipe and I am going to try this
Yes please! Hope you will like it!