My Christmas shopping started in Paris, I was there just 2 weeks before Christmas, it was the perfect time of the year to visit the city and enjoy its chic boutiques, festive decorations and fairy lights.
I stayed in the 16th arrondissement, not too far from Trocadero and Eiffel tower, despite the cold weather I made sure to walk every day outside and take a hot chocolate break in one of the Parisian gourmet cafés to warm my hands and satisfy my taste buds.
Paris is where the best hot chocolate is found! Enriched with a little cream or milk, Parisian hot chocolate is served thick, velvety and rich. The luxury comes from the excellent quality chocolate concoctions they add.
Cocoa contains flavonoids, antioxidant-rich pigments that relax blood vessels and promote cardiovascular health, but also if consumed in large quantities it can expand my waistline, therefore I like to flavor my drink with cinnamon or vanilla and drink it in an espresso-size cup.
Creamy Hot Chocolate With Cinnamon
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or cow milk)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon (or more)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt (preferably fleur de sel)
- Bring milk and cinnamon to a boil. Let simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in vigorously cocoa powder, chocolate, sugar and salt, until mixture is frothy.
- Divide among 2 mugs and garnish with mini marshmallows or cinnamon sticks if desired.
Amazing! So thick and unctuous!
It’s raining in Beirut and this is my treat:)
I confirm that the best hot chocolate ever is to be found in Paris. Good idea to make it with almond milk though…
It is getting very cold where i live so this is going to be my treat ! With moderation of course 😀