This is another one of my favorite cakes, if it happens that I bake it for someone, I have to bring along several copies of the recipes. Not anymore! It’s on the web now:)
It’s light and moist, not too sweet, spiced with cinnamon and loaded with chopped walnuts and chunks of apples.
There’s not much to add to my monologue today! I had this recipe for so long and never changed a thing in it. I just love it!
The only thing I recommend is that to make sure that your walnuts are fresh, cause old ones might ruin the whole taste of your cake.
And this is how I make it!
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups finely chopped apple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
1. Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan (or a 7inch/18cm round pan)
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
3. Into another bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
4. Stir into egg mixture alternating with milk. Stir in apples, chopped walnuts, and raisins.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes, until cake springs back when gently pressed with finger.
6. Let cool in pan on rack.