Lately we have had many friends visiting, but I had many photo shoots working long hours every day. Can you imagine getting home at 7:30pm, only 1 and a half hour before your guests arrive?
Because this happens to me very often, I now have in my repertoire numerous menus to be prepared in no time.
Salmon fillets are one of my favourite on the list offering a wide array of methods to cook; fried, baked, smoked, raw sashimi, … you can work wonders with it! It’s a gourmet meal!
Here’s one of the easiest and fastest recipe to prepare delicious baked salmon fillet. It results in a beautiful dish full of flavor and substantial savor.
I paired it with basmati and wild rice, and steamed edamame beans. Garnished it with carrots to add colours.
My guests loved the food and asked for the recipe, this request never fails to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:)
Vodka Marinated Salmon
- 4 salmon steaks (about 1inch / 2cm thick)
- ¾ cup / 185ml vodka
- ¼ cup / 60ml fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp thyme, washed and picked
- 2 sprigs, Rosemary
- 1 tbsp sea salt crystals
- Black Pepper to taste
1. In an oven dish, place salmon steaks, skin-side down, as one layer and drizzle with vodka and orange juice. Push the thyme into the score marks of the fish. Sprinkle the rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
2. You can preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4 and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Or you can transfer to a frying pan along with the marinade and cook for 5 minutes on the skin side and 1 minute on the other side or until crisp.
3. Serve with basmati rice and edamame beans and perhaps some wild rice.
The menu included all following items and I promise to share the rest of the recipes soon.
Salmon Fillet, mixed rice, edamame
Apple walnut cake