As you already know I’m a Food Stylist and I have a shoot for a TV commercial tomorrow. Part of my job is buying the food that’s featured in the commercial ad. To get the best results, I always buy the highest quality available on the market, and of course the freshest products!
7:00am: Fresh Market
I reached the Fresh Market early in the morning on an empty stomach: BIG MISTAKE! I ended up buying 3 times more than I had on my shopping list:)
The job required 3 ingredients: asparagus, basil and tomatoes. However, I also bought pumpkin, cauliflower, zucchini, pears, apples, blackberries, strawberries, etc.
When I got back home I was craving for breakfast, so I decided to treat myself to some “pain perdu” with strawberries. It’s quick to prepare, fresh and consistent.
Strawberry French Toast
· 2 eggs, lightly beaten
· 2 cups of milk
· 1tsp vanilla
· 20gms butter
· 4 slices of white bread or milk bread
· 10 strawberries, hulled and cut
· Icing sugar, to sprinkle
1. Beat eggs, milk and vanilla
2. Soak bread in mixture and shake excess.
3. Melt the butter in a pan and cook the bread on both sides until brown.
4. Line the strawberries and sprinkle with icing sugar