- 150g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp orange zest -2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp limoncello
- 1 blood orange sliced
- 1 orange sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180° C.
2. Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add eggs, zest, flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine milk and lemoncello and add to batter.
4. Align sliced oranges in the bottom of a greased round pan. Pour the batter in the cake pan.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Check early, cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack before reversing on a serving dish.