I love our Christmas family gatherings and all the good food that comes in between. This year I wanted to change from my ginger cookies giveaways and made cranberry bread instead. What’s better than a Stollen recipe!
The origin of this bread is German and traditionally baked during Christmastime. Sweetened with honey and packed with dried fruits, this recipe contains no sugar. I wrapped each loaf with Christmas papers and twines, the presentation and the taste were amazing.
Merry Christmas to all and happy baking during the holidays!
Follow me on Instagram @oryanmaya
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried raisins
¼ cup fresh orange juice
1 tbsp cointreau
1 tbsp active dry yeast
¼ cup lukewarm milk
2 tsp honey
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup/100g unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup honey
1 large egg, beaten
1 tbsp grated orange zest
½ cup peeled, slivered almonds
3 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the dried fruits in a bowl and drizzle with orange juice and liquor. Stir the mixture to coat and set aside.
- In another bowl sprinkle the yeast with warm milk and wait until it rises and makes a good head of froth (about 10 minutes). Add honey and flour and set aside for another 15 minutes.
- In the mixer bowl, add the cranberries and raisins, the yeast mixture, butter, honey, egg, orange zest, almonds and salt. Start mixing adding the flour gradually, half cup at a time until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and is smooth and elastic.
- Wrap the dough in an oiled plastic film and cover with a damp tea towel. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in volume.
- Knock back the dough and divide into 2 portions. Shape each portion into an oval; alternatively roll the dough in one large loaf without dividing it. Glaze with melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, place carefully the dough, cover with tea towel and leave again to rise for another 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees C/ 365 degrees F for 10 minutes. Place the dough in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. If using thermometer the internal temperature of the bread should reach approximately 90 degrees C (190 degrees F).
- Remove from the baking sheet and place on a rack to cool.
this is so cool. Bookmarked.
Thank you for checking it out
Fruit and orange liqueur equals superb flavor. 🍊
Je tiens à t’adresser mes voeux les meilleurs . Que cette nouvelle année soit douce et généreuse 🙂 ma mère fait du stolen aussi ,elle met un boudin de pate d’amande au milieu de la pâte !un vrai régal
have never missed out on having cakes. This one sure has made me droll.