ONE OF MY FAV’ OF ALL TIME…
May I just start by saying you’re not going to mess this up! This quiche will definitely make it to my Christmas table this year as part of the starters menu; It’s a star dish. I don’t remember how our love story started but I confess an affair. Classy, sexy, elegant, and yes I’m still talking about the quiche, it’s one of my favorite of all time.
The tomatoes become flavorful once roasted. So please do not skip this step. You will love love love the contrasting tastes of the sweet roasted tomatoes, piquant balsamic vinegar and tangy Feta cheese. You may also need to check the tomatoes while cooking because the time of roasting may vary depending on their ripeness and the oven temperature. Use any aromatic available herbs while roasting; oregano, rosemary, basil or bay leaves. Make sure that you strain the tomatoes before you top the puff pastry, or you will end up with a mushy crust.
Many friends have requested this recipe, I’m so happy to finally publish it and with a worthy picture of it. Enjoy it!
- 1 (230g) puff pastry
- 800g (around 60 pieces) cherry tomatoes, cut in 2
- Oregano (or basil), to sprinkle
- 200g Feta cheese, diced
- 1 cup fresh thyme leaves, washed and picked
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
1. Place the cherry tomatoes in a shallow roasting pan, (choose a large pan, where tomatoes are not too crowded), sprinkle with salt, coarsely fresh pepper, oregano and drizzle with olive oil. Transfer to a pre-heated oven and roast for about 20mn or until they are wilted and the skin starts to wrinkle. Transfer to a colander to drain.
2. Meantime, roll out dough on floured surface and transfer to a rectangular (12cm x 35cm) tart pan. It is also possible to make the quiche in a round tart pan. Pierce crust all over with fork.
3. Top crust with Feta, thyme and tomatoes. Combine balsamic vinegar, sugar and olive oil. Whisk vigorously and stir over the tomatoes.
4. Bake quiche in the middle of the oven, for about 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden. Transfer to rack; Cool 10 minutes.
Yum – we are veggie so always looking for something along a green and red theme:)
You will love this one:)
I absolutely agree with you! Its so delicious! 🙂
What an absolutely gorgeous quiche!
Thank you. I love your comments:)
That looks scrumptious. And the photo is perfection. Are those holiday lights in the background?
Thank you. Yes I used fairy lights in the background and some candles:)
Just delicious sis! A treat to the eye and the mouth!
Indeed. Thank you for your continuous support:)
A must make next year with my home grown cherry tomatoes!
Thanks for finding my blog. And, thank you for the recipe. I love to cook. Today Tucson is rainy and cold – a chicken soup day! And, I’m heading to the kitchen.
This looks really yummy!
Maya what an amazing recipe, as my husband is vegetarian I am always looking for some new recipes. This was an absolute success, what a delicious quiche. Thanks a lot and please keep the recipes coming.
Thank you Claudia. Your message means a lot. I can feel the positive energy coming:)