This version of panna cotta is honestly the easiest ever. It doesn’t take long in the fridge before it’s ready to be served. It never goes wrong, especially when you use the full fat milk and the full fat heavy cream;-) I make it in small cups to reduce the amount of calories, well it’s applicable only if you resist a second serving, but can you?
If you don’t want to buy your caramel you can make your own, but this recipe is meant to be prepared, when you don’t feel like spending long hours in the kitchen and still want to get some credits at the end of lunch or dinner. Delicious!
Am sure you’ll like the results, especially with the addition of the Daim nuggets.
- 1 ½ tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- HERSHEY’S Caramel Syrup, to taste
- DAIM chocolate nuggets, to decorate
- Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the cold water and let soak for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Pour the cream and the milk in the saucepan and heat until warm. Stir in the sugar and vanilla until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the soaked gelatine and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses (only half of 3/4 way) and refrigerate until firm. The time depends on the size of the glass, but be sure not to take it out too early.
- When the Panna Cotta has firmed, squeeze a layer of Hershey’s caramel syrup over each treat and decorate with Daim chocolate nuggets. Serve immediately or let set up in refrigerator.
Hey didn’t you forget the espresso coffee to be mixed in too..? 😉
Am not a big fan of coffee, but well feel free to add it if you wish to:)
Sorry I’m a coffee freak (and spent earlier a lot of years in coffee business too) – it sounds really great without coffee… 🙂
Happy Holiday to You and Yours… 🙂
Merry Christmas and what a easy and beautiful way to celebrate the end of the meal.
I think that this might be a great recipe to get my ponytails to like panna cotta, which I absolutely adore! I’m filing this in my quick and easy list of recipes to make for company as you’ve suggested.
It’s one of my favorite desserts!
Somehow I’ve never made panna cotta. but this sounds so easy and looks so good that I must remedy that soon! A very nice blog you have here, Maya. 🙂
Thanks for your visit. Happy New Year!
They look beautiful… And delicious! 🙂
Wow. This really looks delicious and the photos of food (which I know are are to do good) are fantastic.
This sounds like something I wish I had at this very moment!!!!
If it comes to me, at every moment:))
Those look unreal!! I must give them a try soon 🙂
Ohh my word this looks amazing!! I would like to reach through and grab one! Yummmm
Wish you are my neighbor;-)
Lol as do I. Making stuff like that you’d never get rid of me!
Ymm…. It’s my favorite food ever