My year ended on a wonderful note where I participated to a couple of TV shows (I’ll notify you when it’s due to airing) and loved the experience. December was a very busy month for me, I had a shoot almost every day, such a shame I had no time for blogging, but please don’t give me that look, blame my Food Styling career instead:)
I love the start of the new year and ready with a list of resolutions to tackle 2012.
Happy New Year to all!
Baked Whole Chicken with Potatoes and Rosemary
I realize that many people don’t like to make a whole chicken thinking it’s difficult and time consuming while it’s even simpler than any other dish and the preparation should take seriously less than 10 minutes.
- 1 Chicken, whole /1.5 to 1.9kgs, neck and giblets removed
- 4 Tbs Olive oil
- 1Tbs Dried Oregano
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Rosemary sprigs, washed
- ½ kg Baby Potatoes
1. Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 400°F/220°C.
2. Wash the chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Mix together the oil, oregano, cinnamon, salt and pepper and use this mixture to brush the skin of the bird. Place the onion inside the cavity
3. Place the bird in the oven dish and arrange around it the rosemary and whole baby potatoes (or quartered potatoes). Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. When cooked cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. If desired, decorate with canned or fresh clementine wedges and serve.