One of my clients sent me a pack full of pastries; shortcrust ready rolled, puff cases, filo sheets, … asking me to give him my feedback about the quality of the product.
So I spent the week, eating tarts, quiches and samosas! Not that I’m complaining. I guess you should know by now that my love for baking is unconditional.
Ready rolled pie pastries are one of my much-loved ingredients, especially after a long day at work. I often line my pie dish, flute edges and then open the fridge and think about the filling. Recipes with shortcrust pastries are versatile and trouble-free. I don’t think it is said easy as pie for nothing;-)
I wanted to break away from routine ingredients so I started with a pesto rosso spread, topped it with some blue cheese, slices of brie, sprigs of thyme, and dried figs. The outcome was a hit through! I served it for some friends visiting in the evening and as soon as I saw their heads nodding I knew I had the green light to share the recipe with you all.
- 1 Pack of Shortcrust Pastry or “Pâte Brisée”
- 2 tbsp pesto rosso
- 2 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 150g Brie cheese, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves
- 5 dried figs, sliced
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Maple syrup to drizzle
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Transfer to pie dish. Trim and flute the sides. Pierce crust all over with fork.
- Start by spreading the pesto on the crust.
- Distribute the blue cheese and decorate crust with slices of brie in a fan shape.
- Add thyme and figs.
- Beat eggs well. Add milk, pepper and salt. Pour over the filling and place pie dish on the middle oven rack.
- After 20mn, drizzle with maple syrup and place it back in the oven for another 10 to 15mn.
- Transfer tart to rack; cool 5 minutes.
You also sis:)
Cheese and fruit go so well together and here you’ve made such a beautiful quiche with it. Wonderful! 🙂
I love the contrast sweet-salty in this quiche too. Thank you!
I thought I’d thrown just about everything into quiches, but never fruit!!! Fabulous!!! And your daughter is adorable!
Thank you:) You will love the combination.
Love the picture of your daughter. She IS talented:-) The Quiche looks amazing too.
How sweet of you:)
Looks wonderful… can’t wait to try it 😀 Your daughter is just precious with that camera ❤ it
Thank you! It runs in the family:)
I made your delectable quiche & it was really fantastic too! 😀
Sounds wonderful! So glad you enjoyed it