Last week, my husband had to travel to Dubai for few meetings, so the kids and I excitedly tagged along, since I also had a one-day shoot for Al Marai brand and my daughters had a long weekend at school.
I found it a great opportunity to spend quality time together and with our beloved “Dubaïote” friends.
From airport to my meeting, kids didn’t mind at all playing around in the big studio and mess with the cameras.
It’s true that I had to work the next day but this in fact was an invitation from heaven to them to Candylicious where they could buy all the sweets they crave for, that Mommy (myself) never allow it and Daddy APPROVES it occasionally. In the evening Axel’s tongue was so green that I had to brush it and Kaia had candy wrappers inside her clothes. Gosh!
I’m blessed with friends like Zeina, Roula, Angy and Fares! During the day we roamed around playing areas, aquariums, the wildlife park and kids places and in the evening my friends offered to baby sit my children so we had the chance to club and celebrate Valentine like honeymooners☺ Dubai you are my kind of getaways: I LOVE YOU!
Back to reality, I usually come back with batteries fully charged and energy overloading but this time I got back and my heart still there, wish this trip was a little bit longer I really need a break, I’ve been shooting commercials every week since September.
So with the little energy I have, on this week’s menu was soups and salads.
I cooked Cream of Broccoli. I used fresh broccoli, home made stock and skimmed milk, which made my soup a hearty meal to enjoy in front of the fireplace.
Tip: This can also be served in a tea cup as a starter for guests.
Cream of Broccoli
- 450g fresh broccoli florets, cooked in boiling water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup warm vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- Salt & White pepper, to taste
- 50g Feta (optional)
- Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté onion until lightly brown and wilt.
- Add the cooked broccoli and stir for 2 minutes. Add the warm stock and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Off heat, purée mixture into a blender.
- Stir in milk and simmer for 3 minutes. (Add milk or stock until desired consistency).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Decorate with feta cheese and serve.
Easy, warm and delicious.
Thank you Nad, hope you enjoy it:)
Looks easy enough for me.. LOL and I love Broccoli soup! 😀 Thanks!
Thanks to you:)
I love creamy soups! Healthy&tasty, couldn’t be better 😀