But before I pass you the recipe, I’d like to apologize to all those who are on a strict diet, to all those who are trying hard to fit in a smaller size of jeans, to chicks aiming for a flat belly this summer, to all my friends who are in the middle of their Vela Smooth sessions and to all those who are cutting on carbs. For all the rest, I hope you try this British classic dessert cause it’s irresistible! 🙂
I admit it’s a sweet dessert, a little bit too sweet than other desserts, the reason why I prefer to do it in a small glass /verrines and to decorate it with dark chocolate.
Banoffee stands for Banana+toffee, these 2 ingredients must have exchanged vows once upon time …and I lived happily ever after.
Banoffee Pie Verrine Style
- For the base: 60g butter, melted
- 250g digestive bicuits
- For the caramel: 100g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 can of Condensed Milk
- For the topping: 4 bananas, sliced
- Cocoa Powder, to dust
- Chocolate curls, to decorate
- Whipping Cream (optional)
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl and add the melted butter and stir. Divide the mixture into 12 small glasses and press into an even layer. Chill the base while you make the filling.
- In a non-stick saucepan place the butter and sugar. When the butter melts and the sugar dissolves add the condensed milk and stir continuously. Bring gently to the boil. As soon as it thickens, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spread the caramel on the biscuit base evenly and chill for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Slice the bananas, dust liberally with cocoa powder and layer over the caramel. Finish with whipping cream and some grated chocolate. Serve.