The first time I ate a chocolate banana cake was at a friend’s place. When I asked her for the recipe, she told me that it was a ready mix box that she bought in Poland 😦 Very disappointing!
I simply fell in love with that cake and wanted to have more of her delicious dessert. When I got back home, the next thing I found myself doing was looking online for Chocolate Banana cakes recipes. Then, after baking this cake several times, I ended up making my own “flattering” recipe. Why flattering, you might ask? ‘Cause I swear that anyone who tried this cake immediately asked me for the recipe!
Whenever I’m invited to a dinner or a gathering and I feel like leaving a good impression, I bake a chocolate banana cake and bring it along. Splendid! It makes it even more flattering when my “Hero cake” gets so many compliments or when I receive indirect compliments through the ones addressed to my husband Serge, such as “niyelak” i.e. lucky you 🙂
Before you start with the preparation, you need to know that ripe bananas have more flavor and a good quality of milk chocolate makes a lot of a difference (I often use Galaxy chocolate plain milk).
This cake is very moist, hopefully you will try it and love it.
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 1/4 cup oil or 50gms/half stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 small mashed ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven on 180 degree C.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add bananas. Beat well
- Add dry ingredients; flour, baking soda and baking powder. Blend.
- Add milk and mix.
- Pour batter in a pre-greased baking pan and add chocolate chips on the top of the batter and push it gently with a toothpick. Do not let it sink.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.