Grade 3 class at my daughter’s school are preparing for International Day next month and they chose Argentina to represent and talk about. Part of the celebration, they proposed to serve a rice salad on that day, with Chimichurri sauce. Since I always volunteer to help with the food, I came up with my own version of the recipe and took a picture of the end product. I’m super happy to document it in my blog and share it with you, hope you will like it.
If you like to add more ingredients, my advice is to stay away from juicy ingredients and stick to solid ones like chorizo, ham, pickles, green onions, …
Ensalada De Arroz Con Chimichurri
Rice Salad with Chimichurri
- 3 cups long grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup apple vinegar
- Freshly ground Salt and Black Pepper
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients.
- In a small mason jar combine all of the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have to try it, never heard about it before and ingredients seems matching