I got this heart shaped pan on Mother’s Day few years ago, I’m so happy for Valentine day to find an excuse and use it again. This cake is spongy and smells gorgeous. The texture is close to breads so don’t hesitate to bake it in a loaf pan if desired.
Gifts, flowers and cakes are all expressions of love and celebration, most important of get-together. I wish you all love and happiness and a lot of cakes to bake.
Cream Cheese Strawberry Cake
- 200g butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Grease and flour your cake pan and set aside.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla and beat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the cream cheese mixture, beating just until combined.
- Add yogurt, mixing well to incorporate. Fold in the strawberries.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan, spreading evenly with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove pans to rack, and let cool for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto serving plate and allow to cool completely before slicing.