This version of panna cotta is honestly the easiest ever. It doesn’t take long in the fridge before it’s ready to be served. It never goes wrong, especially when you use the full fat milk and the full fat heavy cream;-) I make it in small cups to reduce the amount of calories, well it’s applicable only if you resist a second serving, but can you?
If you don’t want to buy your caramel you can make your own, but this recipe is meant to be prepared, when you don’t feel like spending long hours in the kitchen and still want to get some credits at the end of lunch or dinner. Delicious!
Am sure you’ll like the results, especially with the addition of the Daim nuggets.
- 1 ½ tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- HERSHEY’S Caramel Syrup, to taste
- DAIM chocolate nuggets, to decorate
- Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the cold water and let soak for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Pour the cream and the milk in the saucepan and heat until warm. Stir in the sugar and vanilla until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the soaked gelatine and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses (only half of 3/4 way) and refrigerate until firm. The time depends on the size of the glass, but be sure not to take it out too early.
- When the Panna Cotta has firmed, squeeze a layer of Hershey’s caramel syrup over each treat and decorate with Daim chocolate nuggets. Serve immediately or let set up in refrigerator.