Serge just came back from Dubai and got me this new Bundt® pan from Nordicware. I know a normal woman would cheer up over jewelry, a designer’s bag or a perfume but definitely not a pan! Hearing me shouting: “YESSS!! For meeee!!”. How many of you would have guessed that my gift could have been a baking pan, really? Come on!
I’m sure some of you would have thought giving a BANG! on the hubby’s head just for the thought of it hihihi… well not me! I’m a proud wife today, and I’m really happy to bake a lemon cake inside my new pan.
I love the preparation of this cake, the smell of the lemon zest is irresistible!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/ 100gms) unsalted butter, at room temperature, diced
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 eggs
- Zest of 4 lemons
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup full fat milk
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- Icing Sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 185 degrees C. Grease and flour a 12-cup pan.
2. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla.
3. Add the lemon peel and the white chocolate. Mix until incorporated.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
5. In a measuring cup combine the milk and the limoncello. Add to butter mixture alternating with flour. Beat until well mixed, making sure to scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 7. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for ten minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.